Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Red letter day

Singing Willow Warbler at Hartland Moor


These two were in the middle of the road. The female is keen but the male doesnt quite get the job done on this occasion.


Decided late on to go and have a look at Arne Moors, by the time I got there it was already 7.45 and I wasnt expecting too much. I had only been there a couple of minutes when I spotted this rather distant unidentified flying object coming toward me with wide wings and fingers splayed! Wow, it was clearly going to be something very interesting! Rather than look with the bins I just got the camera out and followed it as it got nearer. It didnt take long to figure out it was a White Stork.
It flew in quite low, obviously looking for somewhere to land, however it didnt stop and I lost sight of it over the wood going west.