Saturday, April 17, 2010

Durlston etc

Another early morning visit which ended up deteriorating into just a photographic outing.
This place is so hard to work, you are either walking uphill or down and there is loads of cover. The best I could muster was a Lesser Whitethroat and a flyover Redpoll. Also of interest 4 adult looking Rooks were watched heading south east out to sea, god knows what they were up to.

In true Petrel style this bird is having a fair bit of trouble alighting.


Local Yellowhammer


Dont ask me why I even considered taking a photo of a Wood Pigeon, probably because it was sunny, anyway I only took one as it took off and was pretty happy with the outcome


A quick look around my now local area produced this late Merlin in the Cattle Egret fields west of the Wareham by-pass


Next stop Sunnyside Farm where there was a surprise visit by 6 Whimbrel



An evening visit to The Moors was a bit quiet